By: Manny Gonzalez-Reyna – GM
- Arrive Early. The produce and fruits are better earlier when few hands have picked up the best ones. So early birds get the best, and there’s an amazing amount of vendors of all kinds already set by 9:00 am when the market opens, so if you are looking for the best produce you can come over and find easy parking by the courthouse lot just south of 25th Street, as well as along Lincoln and Grant avenues.
- Bring a bag or a basket. Veggies, fruit, and crafts need a carry basket or a good shopping bag in your search in this lovely market. There are also handmade baskets for sale in it, two places: Maendeleo or Ogden Nature Center booths
- Cash or Card? There are some ATM’s scattered around the three blocks where the market takes place, but also most the vendors accept all the major cards in the market: debit or credit so come over and be confident there will be a way to purchase your goodies.
- Check the Weather. The market runs every single Saturday of the season, rain or shine so you’ll know you can come anyway.
- Bring a furry friend. Leashed dogs, cats, and geese come to the market, all pets are accepted. Bring water along with them and many of the vendors set water bowls for the pets to drink.
- Come to KWCR’s Booth! In order to promote our new application RadioFX we’ll have a booth for the whole season, located at spot No. 239 which is in front-of Roosters Brewery Company and the environment turns into a party by noon when the market is living its best moments and a good drink is needed. We’ll have bottled water, swag and CD’s in the booth so come over and have lots of fun.